The Kingdom of Cambodia, once part of the French Indochina, is bordered by Vietnam to the east, Laos to the northeast, and the Gulf of Thailand to the southwest. Cambodia appears on the tourist map as a Khmer nation with an intriguing past and an emerging future, it offers the mystery of the Khmer civilization, the regal eras of its kings, and the interesting layers of French influences.
Located in the northwest of Cambodia, Siem Reap is the gateway to the famous Angkor temples, the ancient world of the Khmer Empire. Visitors should once wake up early and transfer by private vehicle to the West Cate of Angkor Wat, from where the sunrise can be best observed. Explore Angkor Wat, build in early 12th century and is claimed to be the largest religious building in the world. You will be amazed by the sheer size of the temple, which took up to 300,000 workers 30 years to construct. The five stone towers are intended to mimic the five mountain ranges of Mt. Meru-the mythical home of the gods, for both Hindus and Buddhists.
Beside the famous Angkor Wat, this remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cambodia has dozens of other Hindu temples to explore, such as the Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Bayon Temples. The Bayon Temple features a large gathering of serene and smiling stone faces, which at first glance, it seems like an amorphous mass of stone, but those mysterious faces are looking serenely at passers-by.
Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, is located on the edge of Mekong and the Tonle Sap rivers. The city is the country’s cultural center with many the treasures of the country including Khmer artifacts, bronze works and the life-size diamond-encrusted Buddha. Once known as “Pearl of the Orient”, Phnom Penh is where the French influences mingle with Khmer styles, and the interesting fusion is seen in many places throughout the city.
Our luxury Cambodia tours feature private touring with our expert local guide, the best way to experience the mysterious temples of Angkor. Our guides provide insight into history and culture during touring of Cambodia’s wats (temples), French colonial architecture, floating villages, local markets and more. Our private tours also include activities that highlight local culture and scenery such as Apsara dance, cooking classes, cruises on the Mekong, visits to elephant sanctuaries, hiking and boating, and biking through the verdant countryside of Cambodia.
The Incense Travel Style of Travel:
- Tailor-made itineraries according to your interests and schedule.
- Private touring with your personal guides and drivers.
- Preferred rooms in the nicest hotels.
- First-hand and insider recommendations from our travel experts.
- Around-the-clock support during your trip.
- Insider travel experiences and sophisticated knowledge on our destinations.
- Upon request, VIP and fast-track airport assistance, meetings with artists and special-interest lecturers, tour with historians, dinner at a local family, private cooking class, restaurant and spa reservations, performance tickets and exclusive access to local activities.