To be welcomed into a local home is an incredible gift, the gift that they have received many times through our travels. That is what Incense Travel is striving to share with you on every journey you take with us. By reaching out to an engaging with communities in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, we learn to appreciate firsthand not only our diversity, but our commonality, and truly feel the spirit of the destination.
Recently we have visited Bat Trang ceramic village, which is 30 minutes driving from the city center of Hanoi. The village is where most of the ceramic items that you see in restaurants or coffee shops in Hanoi, or even on the boats in Halong Bay, were made. It was great to see how people in the village has been making their living by producing ceramic households, and that they have been doing that since 14th century.
But the visit to a local home where we got lunch with the host in their own home was the most incredible thing, it was our travelers’ unforgettable moments – they had not expected to be so welcomed and to be able see the “real deal” there.
Taking you to the villages where you can see the countryside of the destination, and connect you with the local people is what we do best. We can arrange a private visit to the local home, or combine the special visit with others of our tours. Contact us to start customizing your next journey with careful planning and expertise of our professionals.
The Incense Travel Style of Travel:
- Tailor-made itineraries according to your interests and schedule.
- Private touring with your personal guides and drivers.
- Preferred rooms in the nicest hotels.
- First-hand and insider recommendations from our travel experts.
- Around-the-clock support during your trip.
- Insider travel experiences and sophisticated knowledge on our destinations.
- Upon request, VIP and fast-track airport assistance, meetings with artists and special-interest lecturers, tour with historians, dinner at a local family, private cooking class, restaurant and spa reservations, performance tickets and exclusive access to local activities.