Being the leading 5 star hotel in Saigon, Caravelle Hotel is an elegant 24-storey tower with mixture of French colonial and traditional Vietnamese style built as a complement to the original 10-storey building. With commanding views of the city and an enviable location opposite the Opera House, the landmark hotel is at the heart of a city.
Caravelle Hotel opened on Christmas Eve, 1959. It is an elegant 24-storey tower with mixture of French colonial and traditional Vietnamese style built as a complement to the original 10-storey building. In the last Indochina war, the hotel was a popular home for foreign war correspondents reporting on military and political activities.
The hotel has 335 superbly appointed rooms, suites, exclusive Signature Floors, Signature Lounge, specially equipped room for the disabled. Accommodations in the old wing have a rich historic flavor while the new wing boasts lavish furnishings with higher rooms affording remarkable views of the city. Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet in-room and throughout the hotel is provided. Amenities include telephone, satellite LCD TV, CD, DVD, minibar, tea / coffee-maker, espresso machine and room safe.
The hotel is located across the street from the city’s graceful French-built Opera House and within walking distance of the city’s main tourist attractions, shopping and entertainment.
FOOD & DRINK
There are 6 venues for your dining and beverage pleasures:
- Nineteen Buffet: A popular destination for guests and residents alike, serving delicious dishes buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Reflections Restaurant: An elegant and sophisticated restaurant that offers cuisine from all over the world and often hosts events showcasing Michelin-starred chefs.
- Martini Bar: Features a live jazz duo every evening plus perfectly mixed drinks.
- Saigon Saigon Bar: Dating back to 1959 this smart venue retains the charm of the original 10-storey hotel’s rooftop bar. It was once a famous gathering place for war correspondents during the Vietnam War.
- Café de L’Opera: With a name inspired by the adjacent Opera House, this relaxed venue offers a selection of light bites alongside coffees and teas.
- Tapas Kitchen: A contemporary corner of the hotel, here you can delight in tasty tapas bites paired with an excellent wine list.
Facilities include 6 superb dining venues, private free form swimming pool, a gym and fitness center. Qi Salon and Spa offers a wide variety of high quality health and wellness therapies and hair and beauty treatments. Business and convention center.